Summer favorite, am I right?! I love living near the beach now; but god it sucks smelling all of that delicious seafood and not being able to have any of it!
So I was determined this summer to finally come up with an amazing tartar sauce to accompany my fish fillets. We purchase Gardein’s Fish Fillets from Whole Foods. And according to my fiancé, I’ve nailed this sandwich perfectly!
Fish Fillet Sandwich
Prep Time – 10 minutes Cook Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 4 sandwiches if you make all the fillets
- Preheat your oven to 450 for the fish.
- Prep Sam’s tartar sauce while waiting for the oven.
- Cook the fish fillets for 10 minutes on one side.
- After 10 minutes, flip the fillets. Ensure all the fillets are pretty close to one another.
- After 5 minutes, add a slice of Daiya cheddar to each pair of fillets. To help melt the cheese, put a pot cover over the fillets.
- Cook for 5 more minutes. And begin to toast your bread.
- Take the fish fillets out, and put a pair of fillets per sandwich. Put a generous amount of tartar sauce on each sandwich and you’re all done!
Sam’s Tartar Sauce
Servings – enough for four sandwiches
- Stir all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl
- 1/2 Cup vegan mayo – we use Just Mayo
- 1 Tbsp of Sweet Relish
- 1 Tbsp of Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of Agave
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Garlic Salt