I recently discovered Gardein’s Chipotle Black Bean Burger that already has a little kick to it. We found an interesting way to intensify that spiciness and now we have this burger like twice a week for dinner!
Spicy Black Bean Burger
Prep Time – 4 minutes Cook Time – 10 minutes
- Gardein Chipotle Black Bean Burger
- White Bread
- Tomato – sliced
- Lettuce – chopped
- Jalapeno Slices
- Daiya Cheddar Slice
- Wholly Avocado Mini Cups – you can purchase at Target. We use this rather than regular avocado because its better price wise and it’s also a little spicy
- Sam’s Spicy Spread – it’s gonna sound weird but just try it!
- Cook the burger patty/(ies) in a skillet with a little of olive oil.
- Once the burgers are almost done, add a slice of Daiya to each patty and put a pot cover over the pan to help the cheese to melt.
- While waiting on the cheese to melt, start toasting your bread and make the Spicy Spread.
- Once the burgers are done, we usually arrange the burger in this order:
Bread, Spicy Spread, Jalapeño slices, Tomato slice, Lettuce, Cheese side of patty, Avocado, Bread.
It’s delicious! Goes great with an Iced Tea to help cool off your mouth a bit.
Sam’s Spicy Spread
Servings – Enough for two burgers
Prep Time – 1 minute
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl
- 1/8 Cup of vegan mayo – we use Just Mayo
- 1/2 Tsp of Sriracha
- 1 Tsp of Sweet Relish
The sweet relish gives the burger this little hint of sweetness that helps curve the spiciness. Delish additive!